People Planet Society Technology

There is a huge need for “change” , for “corporate excellence” , to tackle the world’s problems in a whole. But how? Absolutely NOT how we did “manage” it the last 120 years. LEAN, SixSigma, PDCA, AI, ERP, ….. all “tools” to “get on track” again. But which track ? The same? Preferably not I would say.

Excellence should be a mindset by default , and for many of us it is, in fact I cannot imagine somebody going to work in the morning saying “Let’s make as much trouble as possible” and yet…. How do we get into as much trouble as we do ? My answer is simple : Because we have poor (weak) decision making. And how is that possible? By information getting
filtered out through “subjective analyze”. In this blog I will be posting some comments on (global and local) issues, which could be a result of poor decision making, just for the sake of showing that this is a universal problem in all industries and through all categories or levels of decision takers.


Jimmy Van de Putte



Email : jimmy@fluidism.biz
Twitter : @JIMMYVDP

An idea of the global treats for the next decades :

http://reports.weforum.org/global-risks-2012/#ol=data-explorer
Some further "reflections" : http://www.ascentofhumanity.com/text.php

REACTIONS ARE HIGHLY APPRECIATED !

23 June 2012

Guess Jeffrey Sachs read my essay ?

     I am not an economist,not a scientist, have a very different view on poltitics than the one we are "using" now, I'm not even a "green activist" , just let me say,in the words of a great friend, I am a sponge! I suck up massive amounts of information which I think is valuable for me and build my vision.  ... Sometimes my vision is fortified by the vision of someone a bit higher in the foodchain...
After Mr Stiglitz , now there is J.Sachs, Link to article below, I emphasized parts of the extractions where we share our vision ...


http://www.guardian.co.uk/sustainable-business/rio-20-jeffrey-sachs-business-democracy

Big business, he says, is not responsible only for destroying the American democratic system, but has also transformed citizens into consumer addicts.


Not only is Sachs clear that the old economic paradigm, which is based on a fixation of GDP growth, is leading us to disaster, but that we need to find a completely new way of measuring the success of society.

His particular interest is in developing a measure for wellbeing and happiness and he recently co-organised a major conference on the subject at the UN in New York, in partnership with the Himalayan kingdom of Bhutan.

"Money matters and especially for the poor. But once you reach a certain level of wellbeing, the additional gains are very small and perhaps not there at all

While social networking has the power to break the existing power structures, Sachs also recognises its power to enslave us further to consumerism.

"We have gotten into a self feeding cycle which is extremely dangerous. We are being sold things that are not raising our wellbeing and are often lowering it.

"I did not have this concept in my mind when I was younger," he says. "I was an economist and was asked go and solve a problem, trying to end hyper inflation in Bolivia, and I quickly realised that any real problem is so far beyond your own discipline.

"I found there are great answers around if you step outside your discipline but it is in compartments

1 comment:

  1. Your post provides extensive knowledge thanks for all the information looking forward to more updates from you
    Do My Essay

    ReplyDelete